The date for the Celtic Conference in 2022 will be announced shortly with the event planned to take place in Belfast.
A most exciting, interactive and informative event in the pharmaceutical calendar. Not to be missed!
It will bring together pharmacists and pharmacy technicians from all sectors of the profession in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland to hear about the latest developments in pharmacy services across the three countries as well as debating and influencing the direction of travel for the profession.
The Conference will be designed by a Steering Group consisting of senior pharmacists drawn from each of the Celtic Nations to have the following objectives:
- Raise awareness of current healthcare policies and priorities within each of the three Celtic nations.
- Identify, showcase and share best practice across each of the three Celtic nations.
- Understand the potential to further develop the role of pharmacy in improving healthcare and patient facing services.
- Identify and share innovations and how information technology can be harnessed to meet healthcare challenges.
- Clarify the training and educational requirements needed to support change and development within the pharmacy workforce.
- Forge further partnerships and foster effective working relationships between the three Celtic nations.
- Provide an opportunity to network and share experience with delegates from other Celtic nations.
- Inspire delegates to return to their workplace with renewed vigour and energy to continue to improve services and provide even better pharmaceutical care for patients.
The event will be attended by the Chief Pharmaceutical Officers from each country, who will each provide a presentation.
This event will be funded by pharmaceutical companies through event sponsorship. These companies will have no input into the design or content of the conference agenda (except for their own sessions).