A most exciting, interactive and informative event in the pharmaceutical calendar. Not to be missed!
Pharmacy Management is pleased to announce the inaugural tri-nation Celtic Conference, which will take place on Tuesday, 26th March 2019 at the Edinburgh International Conference Centre (EICC), The Exchange, Edinburgh EH3 8EE, Scotland.
It will bring together pharmacists and pharmacy technicians from all sectors of the profession in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland to hear about the latest developments in pharmacy services across the three countries as well as debating and influencing the direction of travel for the profession.
The Conference has been designed by a Steering Group consisting of three pharmacists from each of the Celtic Nations to have the following objectives:
- Raise awareness of current healthcare policies and priorities within each of the three Celtic nations.
- Identify, showcase and share best practice across each of the three Celtic nations.
- Understand the potential to further develop the role of pharmacy in improving healthcare and patient facing services.
- Identify and share innovations and how information technology can be harnessed to meet healthcare challenges.
- Clarify the training and educational requirements needed to support change and development within the pharmacy workforce.
- Forge further partnerships and foster effective working relationships between the three Celtic nations.
- Provide an opportunity to network and share experience with delegates from other Celtic nations.
- Inspire delegates to return to their workplace with renewed vigour and energy to continue to improve services and provide even better pharmaceutical care for patients.
The event will be attended by the Chief Pharmaceutical Officer for Scotland, the Chief Pharmaceutical Officer for Wales and the Deputy Chief Pharmaceutical Officer for Northern Ireland, who will each provide a presentation.
Satellite sessions will be structured around the themes of:
- What is the role for pharmacists?
- Polypharmacy – good or bad?
- Innovation - what is really happening?
- How can medicine safety be improved?
- What is patient/person–centred care?
- How can the quality of care be improved?
There will also be an ‘inspiration speaker’ in a plenary session, a workshop area to debate key issues, sponsored satellites, and a Learning Zone for NHS posters and pharmaceutical stands.
PLEASE SEE THE WEBSITE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION BUT IT IS MOST IMPORTANT THAT YOU NOTE THAT:
- Early registration is essential to maximise the chance of getting in to satellite sessions of your first choices.
- Early booking of flights is also necessary to secure your seat. Please see the advice that is available separately on travelling.
This event has been funded by pharmaceutical and other companies as shown separately through event sponsorship, sponsored satellites, posters and exhibition stands. These companies have had no input into the design or content of the conference agenda (except from sponsored satellite sessions). The list of confirmed sponsors can be found here.