Forthcoming UKCPA events include:
The UKCPA is delighted to invite you to visit our enhanced events listing here: http://ukclinicalpharmacy.org/education/events/
- 15 May 2018, Manchester, JoMO-UKCPA National Meeting: Medicines Optimisation in Diabetes
- 15 Jun 2018, Newcastle, Starting out in critical care
- 22 Jun 2018, London, Women's health - mind and body
- 28 Jun 2018, London, Effective management of patients with gastroenterology and liver conditions masterclass
- NEW EVENT! 13 Sep 2018, London, e-Prescribing
- 25 Sep 2018, London, Caring for the elderly in care homes
- 28 Sep 2018, London, Critical Care advanced practitioner meeting
- 02 Oct 2018, London, JoMO-UKCPA Medicines Optimisation Meeting (Cardiovascular)
- 05 Oct 2018, Birmingham, Infection Masterclass
- 02 Nov 2018, London, UKCPA & Pharmacy Management Joint Conference
- 07 Dec 2018, Merseyside, Starting out in critical care
Further UKCPA events will be announced in due course!
The UKCPA is a Royal Pharmaceutical Society accredited Foundation Training and Faculty Training Provider.
The UKCPA utilises the skills and knowledge of experienced pharmacists and healthcare professionals to provide training in its popular workshop-based style and deliver key presentations on new developments and guidelines within the profession.
For further details of all events, please visit the events page of the new UKCPA website: http://ukclinicalpharmacy.org/education/events/.
The UKCPA Foundation Course: Basic principles of pharmaceutical care has been designed to help extend clinical knowledge and to develop the skills that underpin the delivery of pharmaceutical care. The course has been specifically designed for practitioners at Foundation level, whether they work in community, primary care or hospital practice.
A series of clinical workshops, led by experienced practitioners, will explore the role of the pharmacist in delivering pharmaceutical care. Each workshop will use clinical case studies to illustrate key issues from both community and hospital settings.
The course is mapped to the Royal Pharmaceutical Society Foundation Curricula and will help attendees develop core skills, knowledge and behaviours that are essential for all areas of practice.
UKCPA Foundation Course – curricula items covered: http://ukclinicalpharmacy.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/UKCPA-Foundation-Course-2018-curricula.pdf
This is a fantastic event designed with pharmacists practicing at Foundation level, returning to practice who wish to update their clinical skills and overseas pharmacists new to clinical practice in mind.
Attendees will be supported to reflect on their learning and develop evidence which can be used in their RPS Foundation portfolio.
For more information and to book, please visit the event page: http://ukclinicalpharmacy.org/events/ukcpa-foundation-course-basic-principles-of-pharmaceutical-care/
We look forward to welcoming you to a UKCPA event soon!
The UKCPA would like to invite non members to register for their subscriber pack and updates!
Included in the pack is:
- Access to three webinars, free of charge
- Our latest In Focus magazine (emailed quarterly)
- Details of forthcoming Masterclass events
- Details of our symposia
- What our members have told us about the value of our online networks
Subscribing is easy – just complete the form found here.
Our website provides more information on all the education, training and resources that UKCPA provides, as well as further information on member benefits. Please feel free to take a look around: http://ukclinicalpharmacy.org
It's the APTUK Annual Conference on 17th-18th June in Glasgow. See the brochure here for details!
Are you a Pharmacy Technician looking to develop your clinical knowledge? We offer the following distance learning course to support your next career step:
- BTEC Level 4 Professional Diploma in Pharmacy Clinical Services
Bradford College provides flexible and accessible e-learning courses; enabling pharmacy technicians to undertake their qualifications supported by experienced pharmacy professionals throughout.
University of East Anglia
UEA Health Online is a recently launched programme for offering a range of online learning opportunities for Healthcare professionals. As the learning is fully flexible and online, it is possible to access high-quality e-learning without the need for travel and accommodation costs.